Sunday, February 18th 2018
Vivid Ballet’s season is August through May including main stage performances throughout the northeast (New York, City, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Pennsylvania) and across the country. Vivid Ballet also engages in outreach events to serve our community.
Audition Date and Information
Vivid Ballet, under the direction of Elizabeth McMillan, is looking for male and female dancers with strong classical and contemporary technique for the 2018-2019 season. Pre-registration for the open audition is required. The deadline for pre-registration is Sunday, February 11th 2018. Dancers should submit completed application form (available below), a résumé/CV, current headshot and two (2) dance photos (photo requirements below) Ladies must bring pointe shoes and wear them for the center portion of the audition class. Dancers should bring both a classical variation and a contemporary solo (females en pointe) of their choice to present.
Vivid Ballet Audition
Sunday, February 18th 2018
224 Farmington Ave
10:30-12:00 Combined Class for Women and Men
12:00-1:30 Classical Variations and Contemporary Solos 1:30-2:30 Interview with Artistic Director, Elizabeth McMillan
Pre-registration deadline: Sunday, February 11th 2018
Please contact email@example.com with inquiries.
Application & requirements
Please ensure that all of the items listed below are included in your submitted application:
Pre-registration deadline: Sunday, February 11th 2018.
- Completed Audition Application Form
2. Two full body dance photos
- Profile 1st arabesque (females en pointe). No costumes or skirts, please. Females should wear leotard and tights and Males should wear black tights and form fitting t-shirt
Contemporary dance photo
3. Current Headshot
4. Résumé /CV
Email completed application form and all required audition materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual Company class auditions are by invitation only. Although we prefer that dancers attend our open audition, individuals interested in being considered for a company class audition may submit the following materials: Deadline for Company class audition requests is May 15th 2018.
- Résumé /CV
- Completed Application Form
- Current headshot and 2 full body dance photos
- Video link (Vimeo or YouTube only) to audition reel. Reel must include at least one classical variations and one contemporary solo (females en pointe)
Please send materials by email to email@example.com
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and have completed High School by September 1st of the year they will enter the program.
- Applicants must submit a completed Application packet and audition fee.
Vivid Ballet reserves the right to adjust and amend all aforementioned rules and requirements, at its discretion, in circumstances it deems unique or extraordinary